Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ENJOY THE VIEW - LOOKING FOR A JOB IN BAHRAIN


LET''S SQUASH THE RUMOURS NOW - There is a rumour going around that I have secretly taken a position as marketing manager for the Bussatein Corniche. This is not true - however, if the post is available, I'll put my hands up for it. As far as attractive locations in Bahrain go, this really does have to win. There are walking tracks, water views, Manama views, it has cleaners, security guards, lighting, trash cans and an incredible mix of people enjoying it every night. You can by food and drinks and last night I was stopped by a Bahraini gentleman who gave me an oyster shell with a pearl in it and said, "give to madam." I mean wow, how can you beat that......and there is no charge to get in.




AND LET'S LOOK BELOW AT SOME TALENTED BAHRAINI BREAK DANCERS AT BUSSATEIN - Have a look at the short video. It shows some talented local boys really working the moves. Not on a soft mat or shiny floor, but Bahrain's not-so-forgiving tundra - spinning on their head as well. Have a look at the little guy in the front who keeps coming into frame somersaulting and trying to emulate his bigger brothers.

AND THIS IS WHAT I DID LAST WEEK - Yes, my modeling career is finally starting to take off. No not Milan, but a studio in Adliya requested my services. Tastylemon is a soon to be launched funky, royalty-free, internet photo stock community. Browse, buy and sell photos, vector illustrations and video that will captivate your audience and instantly take your projects from big, bored yawns to board room tables. More info on this exciting creative community soon. Photographers, designers and models look out for this, or contact me for more information.

AND BEFORE I GET ONTO THE JOB FRONT.....you must watch this short humorous video below - It is very funny, but as an ad for a chocolate bar, I don't think the chocolate bar really ends up the hero. What are your thoughts? Good ad or Bad?


AND ON THE ALL IMPORTANT JOB FRONT - The online job sites are providing minimal joy. There are two opportunities in Saudi which I am waiting to see how interviews will be arranged as my Saudi visa has expired. One has come from a contact in Saudi who put me forward for an excellent position in a large Saudi conglomerate and this is sounding good. It is based in Jeddah, so will require some logistical strategizing. The role in Qatar is still on hold. I caught up with some Greg Millard Followers (GMF) today and they provided some great leads. One of those roles is quite warm and would be an excellent Bahrain organisation to be working for. Forgive me for not mentioning names, I am trying to protect the innocent...I'm sure you understand. But when the job happens, I will tell all...and those that helped will be rewarded. Each of these opportunities keep my spirits alive during this obvious quiet time. I believe I am generating interest in a variety of companies, but patience has to prevail.

AND ONE OTHER THING……
Burglars have reportedly raided the Italian hotel suite of a Saudi Arabian Princess and escaped with over EUR 10 million in cash and jewelry. The thieves used a master key to gain entry to the hotel room before removing the safe from a wall to which it had only been fixed with silicon. The robbery apparently only took ten minutes. So make sure your safe is safe.

I can see that some of you have been eagerly logging on to see this weeks update. I do apologize that it’s late coming. Thanks for reading and remember to spread the word that the best man for the job is but a blog away.

Regards,
Greg Millard
+973 3946 4123

2 comments:

  1. hi greg enjoying your blog
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Mr. Greg !
    was passing your blog and have to say its quite intersting. :) i wish you all luck with jobs and hope you pick whichever you think is suitable.

    currently waiting for the movies to load . the break dancing one looks quite good. ill give this spot at manama a go :) the picture seems really nice.

    wish you have a good day ^^.

    ReplyDelete